The first GlossyBox of 2014 has finally arrived. I read other previews that said this would be a great box. To me it was okay, could have been much, much better. I was expecting something spectacular for the first box of the year. This box included 5 items plus a bonus sample.
1. Deluxe sample of Toni&Guy Casual Sea Salt Texturing Spray. Retails for $14.99/6.8 fl.oz [sample price $5.51]. Not a fan of this mainly because I have no use for it.
2. Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash. Retails for $14.00/3.4 fl.oz [sample price $7.00]. Naturally foaming body wash with a spa-inspired blend of juniper, bergamot, geranium and lavender oils. Smells fine and would be perfect for travel.
3. Bellapierre Cosmetics Mineral Blush in Desert Rose. This was a full size jar of blush $20.00/0.14 oz. A finely milled, super sheer mineral blush recommend by the dermatologists and make-up artists and suitable for all skin types. May not work for all skin tones and could look very ashy on very dark skin. Would work as a nice highlighter. I am not a fan of mineral products, but I will give this a try and see how it goes.
4. The Original BeautyBlender plus a sample of blender cleanser. Not sure if this a normal size blender or a mini. Retails for $19.95 ( I will assume this is a full size sponge). Ergonomically designed sponge to apply makeup and skincare products. I’ve never heard of sponges being used for skincare but I’ll have to do some more research seeing I hate applying makeup with a sponge. The cleanser is eco-friendly and both can be obtained from Sephora and the company website.
5. Vichy Aqualia Thermal Rich Cream. Now something I can use, this cream retails for $31.00/1.7 oz [sample price $9.12]. “Fortifying and soothing 48Hr hydration in a rich, refreshing cream. With mineral-rich Vichy Thermal Water and Activ Hyaluronine™ to help strengthen the natural protective function of the skin and soothe sensations of discomfort.” from vichyusa.com
Best suited for dry dehydrated skin I think this is perfect for winter when my skin (oily) is dry most of the day. I will do a more in depth review after I have used it a few times.
Overall the box is worth $61.58 and I’ll give it 2.5 to 3 stars. Not bad for a $21 subscription but giving the history of GlossyBox could be a whole lot better. I hope the rest of the year will only get better.